If you watched the infomercial (now deleted) Mothers Day is Sunday week May 14. I made a mistake and said it was this week, May 7, apologies about that.So no special events this Sunday just all of us, the weeds, the tubestock to plant and some tea.
If you are available to donate some time Saturday week (May13) we have a working bee at KCC from 9am to 5pm.
I can only stay until 12.30pm as I now have a date with both of my daughters they are taking me to the football for Mother’s Day which starts at 3pm in Penrith (I was informed yesterday).
Here is the registration URL as the working bee caters for lunch and we need to know the numbers
Working this site enables us to close the loop between the ridge from KCC and Prince Henry Cliff Walk encompassing the work done at Birriban (Katoomba High).
It then connects to all the work Jenny Hill is doing in Leura Catchment. So we need to keep Shelley as the KCC Operations Manager for a long time.
Just an update on some of the items around Garguree:
– The tyre and BBQ were removed by BMCC.
– If you spot that the second window is broken I have reported it and BMCC are fixing.
– If you spot BMCC changing the tap head it is because some local trades people and some people who are illegally camping have been using our water.
– I have reported the bin which is overflowing.
– I haven’t reported to dumped blue chair yet as I misplaced the photo. The chair is near the Garguree entrance from the pool.
– Thanks to Erin and Jane we will be getting some coir logs above the falls at Maple Grove. Some students from Sydney Coastal Walks planted 250 tubestock in the Maple Grove area and cleaned up a lot more rubbish for us. A big thanks to Shelley from KCC for getting this connection started.
– The drain problem above Katoomba Falls has been reported.
– The mulch is being laid out in preparation for one of our workdays towards then end of this year.
– I’m contemplating what to write to BMCC about our landslide issues.
– I will post photos of a lot of the above.
– I have been checking all of our plantings and we are very successful.
– Thanks again everyone for your continued support and encouragement.
Hope to see many of you on Sunday May 7 which isn’t Mothers Day. Apparently my oldest daughter will be visiting us whatever Kelsie says about me I’m certain it will be incorrect.
E-mailer and Tea Maker.