Tomorrow Morning Sunday April 2 Garguree Swampcare Workday 9am to 12pm meet at 23 Gates Avenue the Gully Heritage Centre, Katoomba. A bush tucker morning tea tomorrow. Cups of tea, Campfire, Weeding, Planting Bush Tucker tubestock, yarning, stories, spending time together as a Community. Come along and enjoy more than our photos.
We will start on the Bush Tucker Garden – I have a goal where we can turn the mentality of this Country away from exotic food back to the food that belongs here. Hopefully this garden will start this journey and I have already been in discussion with some local food producers. There are a fair amount of weeds to be worked on, some branches to be removed, 136 tubestock to be planted which means 136 holes to be dug and 136 to be watered.
Our morning tea from Fred’s Bush Tucker;
* Vegetarian frittata with warrigal greens (gluten free)
* Kakadu plum Kangaroo tartlets
* Mango curry crocodile baskets with crushed macadamia
* Quandong crumble slice (gluten free)
* Lilli Pilli cordial
* Coffee (percolated) and a selection of teas including bush teas